For Crying Out Loud Dammit

"I Rant, Therfore I Am." A glimpse at life's small annoyances that really bug the daylights out of me. (Maybe you too)?

Thursday, May 3

Honoring My Friend

Yesterday my good friend celebrated his birthday. We had him over for pizza. My significant other (SO) made a moist & tasty German chocolate cake. And then we just sat around an hung out.

This friend and I have known each other for almost 20 years. He's the only friend I have had for this long and still keep in active contact. We met in 1988 as young men serving in our first military unit together. We became Christians in / about the same time. Attended the same church for many years. I stayed in the military and he moved on but we always stayed close. He visited us in Italy. He is a friend of my SO and my kids. How good of a friend is he? Well, he puts up with and goes along (most often) with my crazy plans. He's deathly afraid of heights but agrees to go rock climbing and mountaineering with me. (I have killer video of him inching over a cliff edge to rappel to the bottom, spewing forth great & many explatives).

Later this month, he has agreed to go skydiving with me. Neither of us has done this before. I've always wanted to and, well, he I don't believe has. But he's agreed to go along with me. What a guy! (Often my SO will send him along as a potential "voice of reason" should I decide to do anything REAL crazy).

He rides a motorcycle and we go on rides together. He's a real friend; one who may get annoyed and frustrated with me but is always there if needed. He hasn't met all his goals yet and isn't right where he wanted to be in his career but keeps trudging on.

Overall, he's a fabulous dude with great character. Oh, and ladies, if you know any available girlfriends he is single.

Here's to you Dude! Happy B-day and Ride Fast!

3 Comments:

At May 3, 2007 at 1:08 PM , Blogger lime said...

what a very special friend to have. you are blessed indeed.

i hope he has a most wonderful birthday!

 
At May 4, 2007 at 9:35 AM , Blogger Angel said...

Happy Birthday Friend!!

You don't know how refreshing it is to read about MALE friendships...that's fantastic.

 
At May 6, 2007 at 9:06 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Happy belated birthday to your friend.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home