For Crying Out Loud Dammit

"I Rant, Therfore I Am." A glimpse at life's small annoyances that really bug the daylights out of me. (Maybe you too)?

Saturday, April 21

Well, We Did It

The date of my last post was also the day of the AWANA Derby. This is like the Boy Scouts' pinewood derby. Remember my post a week or two prior where the construction of the racers ceased due to Thing One & Thing Twos reluctance to complete chores? Well, they finally got it together and came through. We didn't do so well in speed. In fact, Thing One's car never even crossed the finish line and it got its head ripped off...on accident of course. Thing Two's car placed in three heats but was eliminated in the fourth.

However, they did win for design: Thing One taking 1st






































and Thing Two 2nd.





































Ahhh...another year past and we leave with trophy's again. And it was a time in which my spouse and I could witness the development of our children.

Thing One has his mother's sarcasm. It went like this: Young girl approaches check in bench with a hideously ugly "car." Thing One glances at it. After a milli-second of consideration he nudges his mother, leans over and whispers, "She must be going for design."
I love that boy!!

3 Comments:

At April 23, 2007 at 9:31 AM , Blogger Angel said...

god, are they cute or what?!!! and I love some good sarcasim!!

adorable

 
At April 23, 2007 at 11:26 AM , Blogger DaMasta said...

ha! great job on the cars, you did an excellent job!! and great job on the sarcasm thing one, you did excellent too. :P

 
At April 23, 2007 at 6:31 PM , Blogger lime said...

congrats to the things. yourelaize we must not let thing one and my boy ever meet.......no one wuld stand a chance.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home