For Crying Out Loud Dammit

"I Rant, Therfore I Am." A glimpse at life's small annoyances that really bug the daylights out of me. (Maybe you too)?

Monday, April 16

Happy Monday!

It's Monday and another successful commute has landed me at my desk. In moments, I'll join some colleagues and head off for AM coffee. There's a Starbucks in our building but it sucks compared to the little joint across the street. Ever hear of a "Yankee Dog?" My new drink. (I usually would have a triple tall, 2 raw sugar latte). A Yankee Dog is an Americano with foamed milk on top. I get it with 2 raw sugar.

I've had a continual craving for PB & J sandwiches lately. Had one for breakfast and will have one for lunch. Had several last week. Mmmm, mmmm...TASTY! Goes good with a Yankee Dog, too.

Alright, we're back on track on the derby front; no pun intented. The spawn of my loins have managed to get the sticks picked up and even showed some initiative and climbed on the roof of the garage to clean the gutters and scrape off the moss...much to their mother's delight, eh er, horror.

Thing Two's car is now painted, sticker-fied and clear coated. All that's left is to attach the wheels and some weight.

Thing One's car is ready to be painted and then final assembly. We should be ready for Wednesday's race! I'll post pics later.

Yesterday ended with a motorcycle ride to this great little BBQ joint about an hour away. Ohhh it was so good. Wife and I had the two meat platter with spud salad, cole slaw and baked beans. It was pulled pork and beef. Ohhh, did I mention how good it was? There was a roll of paper towels on the table instead of napkins (the true sign of a good BBQ joint). Two bottles of BBQ sauce sat near the paper towels...one a mesquite and the other a tangy, spicy, mildly hot. We INHALED that food. The customer service was so fabulous. Everyone in the door was greeted by the pit master and his crew. They would yell out to customers as they ate, enquiring as to if they needed anything. They made up a pot of coffee for us and it was nice and strong and hot. Just what was needed after a bit of a chilly ride. Wanna know where the place is? You're gonna have to ask me.

I was most pleased with Thing Two. He's so well mannered and direct, too. When the pit master / owner saw us roll up he started welcoming us and talking bikes. He asked if the boys had a good ride to which they said yes. He then commented they were two lucky kids. This is when Thing Two says..."We're not lucky. We're spoiled!" Ahhh, sniff sniff, what a good and appreciative lad.

5 Comments:

At April 16, 2007 at 9:52 AM , Blogger Angel said...

"we're not lucky, we're spoiled" I love that! At least he knows how spoiled he is, huh?

BBQ..sounds delish.

 
At April 16, 2007 at 2:18 PM , Blogger DaMasta said...

My uncles have a BBQ cooking team here in Houston (as does everybody in the South, I suppose), and they have award winning beans, chili, and ribs! mm!

Adam said I was a spoiled brat this weekend. Hmmm.. I wonder what made him think that?? ;)

Glad you had a good time with the wife and spawn.. You make riding sound fun, but I'm still skerrr'd.

:P

 
At April 16, 2007 at 4:21 PM , Blogger lime said...

thing two is clearly in touch with reality!

now, is it just me or do the phrases 'pulled pork' and 'pulled beef' conjure up images other than BBQ?

 
At April 16, 2007 at 9:20 PM , Blogger Rusty Nails said...

Lime - uh, it's just you. I think of food. You obviously are thinking of something else.

 
At April 16, 2007 at 9:20 PM , Blogger Rusty Nails said...

Lime - uh, it's just you. I think of food. You obviously are thinking of something else.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home