For Crying Out Loud Dammit

"I Rant, Therfore I Am." A glimpse at life's small annoyances that really bug the daylights out of me. (Maybe you too)?

Monday, June 18

Pickle out of Place

I was riding the bus home the week before we went on vacation. I'm a daily commuter. It's a 90 minute ride. Most of the time I listen to tunes and read a magazine or nap. Then, on other occassions, I look out the window and watch the cars & scenery go by. So, this one day I spy a early 90's Chevy station wagon. White. Boxish in shape. In the back compartment is a mattress with a blanket on it. It's neatly made up. As traffic slogs on, and the bus continues to pass the station wagon, I glimpse the driver and, more specifically, the front seat / dashboard area. The driver is a woman of middle age. No make up. Long straight, brown hair. Plain really. But what really catches my attention is that sitting on the very flat dash, right in front of the steering wheel, is a pickle. Yup. A pickle. Not a decoration. Not a dash ornament; but an actual pickle...a big fat (I assume dill) pickle with a bite out of it. (Forward of it, nestled in the defrost vent were a pair of sunglasses).
Who does this? How does a pickle find it's way onto one's dash? I haven't, nor has anyone I know, ever been driving down the road and say to myself, "Mmmmm, I'm hungry. Know what would be tasty right about now? A pickle. Oh look, I just happen to have one right here in my pocket!" CRUNCH! "Yummy." "Oops, don't look now, traffic ahead. Gotta get both hands on the wheel. Hmmm? Uh, what do I do with my pickle? Oh, I know...I'll set it here on the dusty ol' dashboard and eat it later."

So, in the spirit of this I'm going to start a thing I call "Pickle Out of Place." I'm going to buy a pickle. I'm going to take a bite out of it. Then, I'm going to take it places and photograph it. Eiffel Tower...why not. Grand Canyon...sure. I may even put google eyes on it and a mini motorcycle helmet and take it for a ride.

Suggestions for locations to take the pickle (I love saying that...pickle) are welcome.










Now, for more vacation pics.

Things eating ice cream at the rally in Baker City, OR



The rescue squad, bringing gas to me as I ran out just 5 miles from the station.

Goofing off in Toppenish, WA. They have 70 large scale murals painted on buildings throughout the little town.

Looking down over the Columbia River. Oregon on the left and Washington on the right.

2 Comments:

At June 19, 2007 at 9:23 AM , Blogger lime said...

i think if there is a way you can get the pickle with the fremont troll or the statue of lenin you should do it.

of course you could avoid the grody ick factor and get a stuffed larry the cucumber....

 
At June 20, 2007 at 9:10 PM , Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

OK Your pickle concept is HILARIOUS! You should call it something like The Pickle Project, and have people all over the world send you pickle photos, and then you could put them all in a book and call it... PICKLE PERFECT, like picture perfect. and then you can get R I C H ... It can kind of be like a Post Secret book, but call it Pickle Secret.

OK, I have got to stop. My brain just does not shut off.

BTW, I LLLLOOOOOAAAATTHHHE pickles, but I'd be happy to buy one and take a picture of it like, at the top of the Sears Tower, or riding on the Ferris Wheel at Navy Pier!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home